This page is under construction
Welcome to my [incr Tcl] tutorial. The text is based on the Smalltalk
Express tutorial. Many thanks to the copyright owners Digitalk,
ParcPlace, Cincom to free Smalltalk Express.
To run the tutorial you need the Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl] software on your
computer. If you run Linux, this should be already installed. If you
run MS-Windows, the easiest way to get [incr Tcl] is to download the
ActiveTcl binary from the ActiveState web page. To ActiveTcl
If you want to debug [incr Tcl] you can use an old version of TclPro
that is free. Use TclPro-Suse for x86 Linux. To TclPro 1.5
At the moment only some parts of some chapters are converted from
Advantages of [incr
Tcl] over Smalltalk
- Lists and Strings are not fixed size.
- Uses mathematical precedence. 1 + 2 * 3 evaluates to 7.
- String and List index starts with 0 as in C.
- C like if-else syntax.
- Does have switch statement.
- Constructor with default arguments are safer then new initialize